Dell laptop units can be easily connected to AirPods in the same manner as any other Windows laptop. This guide will help you through the necessary steps to establish a Bluetooth connection between your AirPods and your Dell laptop. Even though the images we are using were taken from a Dell laptop running Windows 10, the steps will be similar if you have Windows 11 installed. Connecting your AirPods to your Dell laptop should be easy if you know how Bluetooth works. So, without wasting further time, let’s learn how to connect AirPods to a dell laptop.
How to Pair AirPods to Dell Laptop?
First Step: Charge your AirPods by putting them in the AirPods case
For a stable Bluetooth connection, make sure your AirPods are fully charged. When your AirPods do not receive a full charge, they will stutter or not be able to connect at all. Ensure the AirPods are properly charged by placing them within their case and closing it. It would help if you charged your AirPods at twenty-five percent level before attempting to connect them to dell’s laptop.
While charging your AirPods, you must know that an AirPods takes up to two hours to charge fully. So, you must wait until you’re AirPods get a full charge. You can continuously use your AirPods for up to four hours with heavy usage after charging.
Second Step: Setup button on AirPods Case
After waiting two hours, now unplug the AirPods case from the charging port and press the setup button. AirPods setup button is present right in the center of the case.
You must press the setup button until you see the light inside or outside the case. Once you see the light, then un-press the setup button.
Third Step: Put the AirPods in the ears
After enabling the pairing mode of AirPods by pressing the setup button, you must place AirPods in your ears. It is an important step before going to the Bluetooth setting of your dell laptop. Because once the connection establishes between your AirPods and laptop, you will hear a device connecting sound.
Fourth Step: Enabling Bluetooth of dell laptop
Now you must enable the Bluetooth of your dell laptop by following steps:
1. Press the window logo button of your dell laptop from the keyboard or press the window logo on your screen with the help of a mouse.
2. Now go to the setting menu of your laptop by pressing the “Gear” icon from the menu.
3. When you press the setting icon, a new window will open. From this window, click on the “Devices” option, which is available at the top of the second column.
Fifth Step: Connecting AirPods to dell laptop
1. From these settings, click on the “+” icon where “Add Bluetooth and other devices” is written.”
2. After clicking on the “Devices” button, you will see the “Bluetooth” setting option.
3. A new small window will pop up by clicking the “+” icon. From this window, click on the “Bluetooth” button.
4. Click on bluetooth option
5. After clicking on the Bluetooth button, you will see your AirPods name. Make sure this is the same AirPods you enable by pressing enable button of the AirPods case.
6. When your AirPods connect with the dell laptop, you will hear a connecting sound, and on the laptop screen, you will see a message citing your AirPods name followed by “Connected voice, music.
Possible issues while connecting AirPods to dell laptop
Though the process of connecting AirPods with dell laptops is super easy, despite of simple connecting procedure, sometimes you may face the following issues:
- AirPods is not showing up in the Bluetooth setting of the dell laptop.
- The second most common problem is seeing your AirPods name in the laptop setting but still can’t make a connection.
- If you encounter the first issue, you should ensure that your AirPods are fully charged, and that the setup light is in “ON” condition on the AirPods case. Try to check these things, then try again.
- To get yourself free from the second annoying condition, ensure your AirPods are not connected with any other device. You can do this by disabling the Bluetooth of your devices.
Disconnecting AirPods from dell laptop
Disconnecting AirPods from a dell laptop is also super easy. You can disconnect AirPods with the help of two methods:
- You can disconnect AirPods by “Turning OFF” Bluetooth of your dell laptop.
- Secondly, if you put your AirPods back in the case and close it, then your AirPods will automatically turn off and disconnect from the laptop.
So, here is all the information you can get in answer to “How to connect AirPods to dell laptops.” You can connect by following the instruction you learn by reading this article. Connecting AirPods with a dell laptop is as easy as connecting any other Bluetooth device to a laptop. You have to do the right things at the right time.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is it possible to connect AirPods to Dell laptops?
You do not need a MacBook to pair your AirPods with a laptop, as Apple products are the most connected and provide the most functionality within the Apple ecosystem. You can listen to music, YouTube videos, Netflix, and other audio outputs from your windows laptop, such as those made by Dell. Bluetooth connectivity is the only requirement for your laptop.
My laptop is unable to detect my AirPods. Why is this?
Try turning off Bluetooth on all nearby devices – especially Apple devices – if you are having trouble pairing your AirPods to a Windows PC. Try forgetting your AirPods from those devices or simply resetting your AirPods if the Bluetooth on those devices needs to be in ”On” mode.